Things Are Gonna Change

While I'm at this thing, I am going to go back to that format of writing whatever's in my head. That could be short or long, depending on what I think about. It could also reference stuff that I talk about on my other blog, Hey!Media! I know, it's a bit weird to have a blog on two different sites, but that's how it is.

Anyway - Whenever the thought of Barack Obama being president comes into my head, I start to hyperventilate. I know it is hard for anyone to believe that a black person would vote for Obama for some reason other than him being black. However, no one who is black can't say that the impending sense of a black president doesn't cause some sense of accomplishment, validation, something that is a slap in the face of anyone who put any of us down. Oh, I don't want him in the office to validate me. Hell, he'll probably be just as disappointing as any other politician (well, not ANY other politician - I'm not pointing any fingers, Bush). But he's a great public speaker and he instills an sense of calm. I mean, I don't want to put McCain down. He went through a hell of a lot for this country. I just don't want to see someone who wants to "win" a war they don't even know what "winning" looks like get to the White House.

Anyway, this is by no means a political blog, but in a way, you can't help but be political with less than a month to go before the election.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Little Southern Girl - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template