Working Half To Death

I used to be able to have 2 or 3 jobs without blinking an eye. Bills need to be paid, money needs to be had, that sort of thing. But now that I'm getting older, I'm realizing that I need to be smarter, not just by doing something like budgeting, but even by doing things like job consolidation.

Granted, I only have three jobs because I include writing in that, but the other two are sucking the life out of the writing job. Saturday, I got called into my second job and I had to turn them down, not because I didn't need the money, but because I needed to just sit down and write.

I found out I also needed to sleep. And that my feet were killing me.

I also need a new needle for my record player.

And although those things are beside the point, they are the point for the life I'm leading. I think I should replace "need" with "want" in my vocabulary - for most things. I definitely need more sleep. But I only want a new needle for my record player.

Oh well, want. need. In the end, we work for it because we feel like it's a necessity. But maybe when we get it is when we realize that we never needed or wanted it after all. Whether it is going back to school or eating a slice of chocolate cake from Market City - we do the things we want and we do whatever it takes to get there. So I'm sucking it up because I want to do the things I want to do, working my jobs, making that paper, and maybe when I've done what I need to do, the ends will have been justified by the means.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Little Southern Girl - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template