I Met Santa

When he walked through the door, I swore I heard bells. He had on a bright red shirt, overall, and black boots that, when shined, would look good underneath a red suit. His hair was pulled back in a high ponytail and the underneath hair flowed white down his back. His beard was big and bushy and the mustache above his lip curled up in a cunning little imitation of the handlebar mustache.

I said hello, looking for the twinkle in his eyes. I almost added Santa, but I'm pretty sure he was incognito. He walked to towels before disappearing around the corner. When he finally came back to the counter, he had two bags of Lindt truffles and was talking on his bluetooth. I joked about the imaginary bluetooth of crazy people, then we had a short conversation about chocolate where I recommended the milk chocolate ones with the white chocolate centers that melt in your mouth. He bought his candy and left. A few seconds later, Santa comes back with one of the white chocolate truffles in his hand, which he gives me with a wink and a smile.

A few minutes later, my manager and another worker come up. "I just saw Santa," I say. "I saw him too!" L. says. "Good, I didn't think I was going crazy," I say. "Did he have a list?" T asks. "No, but he gave me candy."

Santa is awesome.

0 comments:

Copyright © 2008 - Little Southern Girl - is proudly powered by Blogger
Smashing Magazine - Design Disease - Blog and Web - Dilectio Blogger Template